On Thursday April 21, we received confirmation that our new ground cover sweeper has been registered for the GreenTech Innovation Award 2016 under the category ‘Machines and Equipment’.
Innovation is one of the most important themes at the GreenTech trade show in the RAI, Amsterdam. For this reason there is a special InnovationLab where all attention is focused on innovation. Here seminars, debates, presentations and workshops are held. An element of this is the GreenTech Innovation Award. Winners of this award are seen as trendsetters for the next generation in product development.
So Steenks Service is extremely proud that our ground cover floor sweeper, the Stefix 135, is competing for this prestigious award. A long period of development, testing, adaptations and retesting preceded the launch of this machine, until we arrived at the perfect sweeper which is extremely suited for sweeping on ground cover. As there had formerly never been a proper solution for this, it will be an interesting innovation for the GreenTech Innovation Award jury.
The jury consists of:
- Mr. Aalt Dijkhuizen – former President and Chairman of Wageningen University and Research Centre, chairman
- Roger Abbenhuijs – Editor-in-chief of Onder Glas, the monthly magazine for greenhouse growers (The Netherlands)
- Dr. Heinrich Dressler – Editor of Gärtnerbörse, the only German trade medium which reports exclusively on the cultivation and marketing of ornamental plants
- Linda Kaluzny-Pinon – Technical horticulture journalist (France)
- Jacco Strating – Editor-in-chief at KAS TuinbouwCommunicatie (The Netherlands)
They will judge the Steenks Service Stefix 135 for: Originality, Practicality & Sustainability. Consequently a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 innovations will be nominated to give a live presentation for the jury on May 27, 2016.
We are of course very proud of this and will be pleased to keep you informed on the findings of the jury. The GreenTech trade show will be held from 14 through 16 June in the RAI, Amsterdam. Click here for free admission tickets.